Learn More About Laser Periodontal Surgery
LANAP, or Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. Unlike traditional surgeries, which involve the removal of both diseased and healthy gum tissues, LANAP specifically targets infected areas of the gums – leaving healthy tissues behind. LANAP works using the Periolase® laser, which is FDA approved for periodontal treatment. This flexible laser emits energy at varying pulsating frequencies, effectively removing periodontal infections and facilitating the regeneration of the gums in areas where they have pulled away and recessed from the teeth.
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.